One of AQUAEXCEL3.0’s aims is to create a forum for engagement and exchange between researchers and potential industry beneficiaries of the research results generated from the project, by means of industry Brokerage Events. The first Event will take place at Aquaculture Europe 2022 in Rimini (Italy), on Thursday 29 September, from 3:15 to 5:30 PM, in the “Tempio 1” room of the Palacongressi.
The Event is organised by EATiP and co-hosted by ERINN Innovation. Five potential high-impact outputs from the Transnational Access (TNA) program in the framework of the AQUAEXCEL project will be presented to an audience of both industry and academic members. The programme is as follows:
- Dr Massimo Orioles – University of Udine (Italy) will present the results from the TNA RMS project, carried out at the DTU facilities in Denmark. His study explored the dynamic of Red Mark Syndrome Infection in Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and the potential of novel diagnostic techniques.
- PhD, MS, BS Ricardo Ekmay – Arbiom (USA) carried out his TNA SYLPRO4TROUT research at the St. Pée installation of INRAE, France, where he explored the use of Wood-Based Yeast SCP (single-cell protein) as an ingredient for Trout diets.
- Prof. Dr. Hijran Yavuzcan – Ankara University (Turkey) will present her TNA WIMSS research, carried out at the HCMR Aqualabs-Souda facilities in Greece. Her study focused on a novel welfare assessment tool for Sea-Caged European SeaBass, where she developed the SWIM (Salmon Welfare Index Model) approach.
- M.Sc. Raneesha de Fonseka – University of Gothenburg (Sweden) carried out her TNA Sal-ploidy research at the IMR-CEL facilities in Norway. She explored how salinity influences the growth and welfare of Triploid Salmon and will present the results to the audience.
- M.Sc. Dinara Bekkozhayeva – University of South Bohemia (Czech Republic) will present the results from the TNA FISHSCALEID project, carried out at the HCMR-Aqualabs-Souda facilities in Greece. Her research explored a novel method to identify fish by using their scale patterns.
The Brokerage Event is open to anyone interested, and free entry (to the Exhibition Hall of AE2022) can be provided by contacting Matteo at email@example.com.
AQUAEXCEL3.0 will continue to organise brokerage events for its potentially high-impact outputs during the lifetime of the project, with the aim of creating a forum for engagement and exchange between researchers and potential beneficiaries of the project’s outputs.
Follow us on twitter @AQUAEXCEL3 to stay informed on the next brokerage events and new knowledge outputs emerging from the AQUAEXCEL3.0 project!